Digital Polarimeter AUTOPOL® V Plus
The AUTOPOL® V Plus Digital Polarimeter has the validation tools and features to satisfy today’s global pharmaceutical companies, including: instrument level 21CFR Part 11 compliance, NIST traceable calibration standards and a global list of installations. Rudolph Research has thousands of satisfied customers who praise the Autopol® V Plus’s quality, accuracy and reproducibility.
VIEW A VIDEO ABOUT THE AUTOPOL® V PLUS
Trouble viewing this video? Click Here
AUTOPOL® V Plus Polarimeter Standard Features and Accessories
- TempTrol™ — Electronic cooling & heating from 15°-40°C
- Six Standard Wavelengths: 365nm, 405nm, 436nm, 546nm, 589nm and 633nm
- 21CFR Part 11 Compliance: Electronic Signature and secure local electronic data storage
- Domestic 3-year warranty and 20-year support guarantee
- International warranty varies by country
- Standard Accessories: TempTrol™, NIST Traceable Quartz Standard (single rotation), TempTrol™ 100mm Polarimeter Cell, TempTrol™, Temperature Validation Cell, Built-In Sample Measurement Probe
The AUTOPOL® V Plus Advantage
- 6m HCl acid resistance: Silco Steel coating on the polarimeter chamber temperature transfer surface and a Hastelloy measurement cell with NIST certificate certifying optical path length.
- To meet the FDA’s latest position on measurement bracketing, the Autopol® V Plus comes with a NIST traceable quartz plate with three rotations: +0.998° Arc, +10.998° Arc, -10.000° Arc. Each rotation has a NIST certificate.
- Windows based navigation architecture is so intuitive that most operators will never read the manual. But should you wish to reference the manual, it is stored right on the Autopol® V Plus’ internal memory.
- Available with automated sampling.
- Three USB ports allow quick and easy connection to a mouse, keyboard, printer, bar code scanner, or memory stick. One USB port is located on the front of the unit (shown above) and two USB ports are located on the back of the unit (shown below).
Network and Printer Communications Simplified
- Ethernet Port for Network Cable Connection
- Internet access allowing connection to Rudolph’s service department for remote testing and diagnostics
- Connect to any Windows® based printer via USB or direct to the server via Windows® Print Library
- Save measurement data direct to your Network/Server/USB Drive
Patented TempTrol™ Technology Eliminates the Need for a Water Bath. Here is How the TempTrol™ System Works:
TempTrol™ heating and cooling transfer surface
TempTrol™ cell with mating heating & cooling transfer surface manufactured with acid resistance materials: Hastelloy™ and Peek™.
Temperature is selected via the polarimeter’s touch screen. Temperature selection of 20°C shown left.
Place the TempTrol™ cell in your TempTrol™ equipped Autopol® polarimeter sample chamber to measure within ±0.2°C of the USP, EP, JP, or BP specified temperature (normally 20°C or 25°C ±0.5°C). For improved temperature performance or when working with acids (HCl) use the measurement port in the body of the cell. This also allows the inlet and outlet ports to be capped to avoid evaporation, fumes and spillage.
Rudolph provides a temperature validation cell with every TempTrol™ system. The temperature validation cell along with optional NIST traceable thermometer is designed to validate the temperature control performance of the polarimeter and cell to ±0.2°C.
A Fully Digital Polarimeter with an Intuitive Windows® 7 Embedded Based Interface
- 8 gigabytes of internal memory allow almost unlimited capacity for saving measurement data. The AUTOPOL® V PLUS is network ready and data may also be saved directly to your server or to any directory desired.
- Internet access is possible directly from the AUTOPOL® V PLUS’s touch screen. This feature allows real time contact with Rudolph Research Analytical’s Service and Technical Support Team who can access your instrument remotely to assist in Window navigation, method setup and troubleshooting.
- Windows based navigation architecture is so intuitive that most operators will never read the manual. But should you wish to reference the manual, it is stored right on the AUTOPOL® V PLUS’s internal memory.
- Three USB ports allow quick and easy connection to a mouse, keyboard, printer, bar code scanner, or memory stick. One USB port is located on the front of the unit and two USB ports are located on the back of the unit.
Flexible Method Management
Install your own measurement methods for immediate selection of the correct method to match your most common tests. Setting up your own custom methods is as simple as filling out a few screens like the one shown to the right.
Full 21CFR Part 11 Instrument Level Compliance
The AUTOPOL® V PLUS’s 21CFR Part 11 software module is easily enabled through the user friendly touch screen. This module gives you a Digital Polarimeter in full compliance with:
- Electronic signature
- Access levels
- Internal write protected storage
- Unique passwords
- Write protected documents sent directly to server
- Audit trail
The AUTOPOL® V PLUS polarimeter comes standard with Rudolph’s Hastelloy™ upgrade option. This option includes a Hastelloy cell and Silco Steel™ cell chamber for increased resistance to acids like 6 Molar HCl.
Rudolph Research Analytical — still protecting your investment after 30 years
Today our Service Technicians have access to state of the art diagnostic tools and have a depth of knowledge that often lets them solve problems right over the phone. Our customers really appreciate the same day phone call by a real technical service person who wants to solve their problem. Our customers know that they can expect this support for many years to come as Rudolph is still repairing instruments which were built in the 70’s. We manufacture Digital Polarimeters and back them with a 20 year commitment to service them!
All Rudolph Instruments carry our exclusive 20 Commitment to service your instrument.
Rudolph Research Analytical offers a comprehensive range of Preventive Maintenance and Service Programs. Rudolph has demonstrated a commitment to its customers by keeping installed instruments operational, not only for 20 years, but in some cases for over 40 years. This long-term commitment to keeping our instruments running makes the cost of ownership, over the life of a Rudolph Instrument, one of the lowest in the laboratory market segment. At the date this document was published, there is no other laboratory instrument manufacturer guaranteeing service and technical support for 20 years. View the entire 20 Service Guarantee.
|AUTOPOL® V PLUS Specifications|
Degrees Arc, % Concentration
± 89° Arc Optical Rotation
0.001° Arc Optical Rotation
|Standard Model Accuracy||
0.002° up to 1°, 0.2% up to 5°, 0.01° above 5°
|AP Model Accuracy and Resolution (Autopol V Plus Single)||
Accuracy: ±0.002° Arc over ±89.9° Arc
|AP Model Accuracy and Resolution (Autopol V Plus Six Wavelength)||
Accuracy (546nm and 589nm): ±0.002° Arc over ±89.9° Arc
Glan Thomson calcite quartz
365nm, 405nm, 436nm, 546nm, 589nm, 633nm
Touch Screen Selectable: 6 Standard
Automatic Electronic Heating & Cooling 15°-40°C
|Temp. Probe Range||
|Temp. Probe Accuracy||
Hastelloy™ measurement cell and Silco Steel™ sample chamber (standard)
4°/sec slewing rate & 5 sec nominal settling time
Tungsten-halogen 6V, 20W, avg. 2,000 hr life
Accepts sample tubes up to 200mm
8 GB Non-removable Compact Flash
3 USB Ports, 2 RS232 Ports, Ethernet Port for Network Connection
Automatic calibration via touch screeen
Windows 7 Embedded
10.4 inch diagonal, 800x600 pixels, color, Flat Panel Monitor with Resistance Touch Screen Interface, 200 nits brightness, gasketted for spill protection
|Automatic Sensitivity Control||
Measures samples with transmittance as low as 0.01% (up to O.D. 4.0)
85-260 VAC; 48-62 Hz,
32"W x 11.5"H x 19.5"D
43"W x 28"H x 23"D
90 lbs (41 kg)
140 lbs (64 kg)