DDM 2909 Automatic Density Meter by Rudolph Research Analytical
The Rudolph DDM 2909 Automatic Density Meter features built-in Peltier Temperature Control of the Sample, Full Range Viscosity Correction, Reference Oscillator and VideoViewTM for easy bubble detection, and is fully GMP/GLP Compliant. With the flexibility of Windows the DDM 2909 is Network ready with Internet connectivity allowing remote access to Rudolph Research Analytical’s Service and Technical Support Team.
The 2909 comes complete with 20 Density to concentration tables which include Brix, Alcohol, API, and many various laboratory reagents. An unlimited number of additional tables, polynomials, and formulas may be added.
Flexible Method Management
Factory installed density meter measurement methods allow for immediate selection of the correct method to match the most common applications.
For unique Density Meter measurement applications, create a sample method using Concentration Tables, Formulas, and Polynomials to match the density measurement methods used in your laboratory. Just a few of the many possible customized sample methods shown below:
- Baumé of Hydrochloric Acid
- Normality of Sulfuric Acid
- Density of Gases and Aerosols
- Drug to Propellant Ratio
- Lead Content
- ppm Gold in Acid
- % Toluene in Heptane
- Fat in Lubricant
- Mole Fraction of Methanol
- % HNO3
- Monomer Solutions
- Potassium Permanganate
- Hydrogen Peroxide
- Molar Solutions of EDTA
- SG of Urine
- Sodium Hydroxide
Setting up your custom method on your Density Meter is as simple as filling out a few screens like the one below:
Full Feature VideoView™
VideoView™ provides superior high resolution visual bubble detection within your samples with live on-screen video viewing. Rudolph’s industry leading 10X magnification aids in identifying bubbles if present in the sample.
The video clarity, magnification, and resolution mean no more straining to see small difficult-to-detect air bubbles in your sample. Rudolph’s exclusive VideoView™ is protected under Patent #7,437,909.
Oscillating U-Tube with Viscosity Correction and Reference Oscillator
The DDM 2909 Density Meter’s oscillating U-tube with full range viscosity correction and reference oscillator allows long term calibration stability and measurement at all temperatures with a single calibration.
Computer Windows Based Flexibility
- 32 gigabytes of internal Compact Flash Memory .
- The DDM 2909 Density Meter is network ready and data may also be saved directly to your server or to any directory desired.
- Internet access is possible directly from the DDM 2909’s touch screen.
- Disk Protection feature protects the operating system against malware infections in networked environments.
- Windows based navigation architecture is so intuitive that most operators will never read the manual. But should you wish to reference the manual, it is stored right on the DDM 2909’s internal memory
- Copy methods, transfer concentration tables, download data, etc., via the USB ports.
- Five USB ports allow for quick and easy connection to a mouse, keyboard, printer, bar code scanner, or memory stick.
Versatile Communication Capability
The DDM 2909’s standard communication package includes:
- Touch Screen User Interface
- 5 USB ports (3 Rear, 2 Front)
- 1 – Ethernet Cat 5 Port
- 2 RS 232 Ports
- Keyboard, Bar Code Scanner, Mouse, Network Capabilities, Memory Stick.
Allowing the capability to:
- Connect Directly to Rudolph Service and Technical Support
- Connect to any Windows® based Printer via USB or direct to the server via Windows® Print Library
- Save measurement data locally and directly to your Network/Server.
Sample measurement reports are edited quickly and easily. Just import your logo to the DDM 2909 Density Meter and print your company’s customized “C of A” directly.
The DDM 2909 standard accessories include:
- Quick Start Guide
- Rinse/Sample Waste Container
- Filling Nozzles
- Luer Syringes
- Connecting Fittings & Tubing
- Drying Pump: Built in Drying Pump used to quickly dry the cell after rinsing and prior to the next measurement,reducing total sample analysis time. Air drying hose positioned intelligently so as not to become soiled withsample and rinse solvents.
All Rudolph Instruments carry our exclusive 20 Commitment to service your instrument.
Rudolph Research Analytical offers a comprehensive range of Preventive Maintenance and Service Programs. Rudolph has demonstrated a commitment to its customers by keeping installed instruments operational, not only for 20 years, but in some cases for over 40 years. This long-term commitment to keeping our instruments running makes the cost of ownership, over the life of a Rudolph Instrument, one of the lowest in the laboratory market segment. At the date this document was published, there is no other laboratory instrument manufacturer guaranteeing service and technical support for 20 years. View the entire 20 Service Guarantee.