Innovative Sample Loading Options for Density Meters
Innovative Sample Loading options for Density Meters from the Rudolph product line. Rudolph offers a wide assortment of sample loading options all innovative solutions designed to work with your specific application.
Vertical Load – A Rudolph Exclusive Feature
• Sample loading is done with gravity and bubbles float to the top of the syringe. Suitable for left and right handed operators as opposed to traditional manual horizontal injection. Syringe plunger is easier to push with all samples and there is more control over the syringe than with Horizontal Load.
• Gives the ability to apply more pressure to the syringe when injecting viscous samples without harming operators.
• Much easier cleaning. When a measurement is complete and the syringe is removed, gravity will force the sample down and into the waste jar. As opposed to the traditional horizontal load, if the waste tubing was bent, the sample would pour backwards and spill out on the table.
• Preserves the nozzles and nozzle bodies much better since there will not be added pressure from pushing on them when loading a sample. All the pressure will be on the top plate, thus saving in future maintenance costs.
• Great option as there is two options for sample loading: by manual injection or having the PeriPump pull the syringe for you.
• Ideal for pulling the rinse solutions automatically into the system thus making the rinsing part of the operation much easier.
• Back pressure mode available for carbonated samples.
• Has no added benefit to measurement performance over the Horizontal Load for an experienced user. However it benefits customers that have multiple inexperienced users as the PeriPump will automatically inject the sample the same way every time.
• No change in instrument’s performance when compared to Horizontal Sample Loading or Vertical Sample Loading options
Samples can be easily loaded in the DDM series Density Meter by directly injecting your sample into the inlet port of the DDM. You can watch the sample progress through the U-Tube and monitor for bubbles. When you need a closer look, view at 2X, 6X or 10X magnification. When your measurement is complete, simply flush the U-Tube with your choice of solvent and use the convenient air tube to dry the U-Tube.
Who Should Use this System?
Laboratories who make only a few measurements per day. Users who wish to use very small amounts of sample – Only 1ml of sample is required.
Combining a Peristaltic Pump with a Rudolph Density Meter makes sample loading and cleaning faster and more convenient. A Peristaltic Pump draws the sample into the Density Meter and could also load a Refractometer. The user drops a tube into the sample and starts the Peri Pump from the DDM display. The Peristaltic Pump draws the sample through one or two instruments and then measures. The measured sample is displaced to waste by the following sample.
Who Should Use this System?
Laboratories working with low viscosity samples such as beverages.
Users who don’t mind utilizing 50 ml of sample for a measurement. A large amount of sample is needed to ensure all of the previous sample is displaced with the new sample.
AutoFlex R837 Automation System
The DDM Series of density meters can be combined with various Rudolph Automation Systems for fully automated sample loading.
Available are Peristaltic Pumping, Heated Sampler, and the Rudolph R837 AutoFlex Sampler.
The Rudolph Research R837 AutoFlex is perfect for high throughput laboratories
looking to increase productivity.
The R837 AutoFlex Sampler Facilitates:
• Customizable bottle size, Test Tube size, Boston Rounds:1oz, ½ oz, virtually any size
• Customizable Rack configurations: heated and unheated on the same carousel
• Automated sample introduction
• Flexible Method Selection: Suction mode, Pressure mode, Rinse and Dry Duration
• Programmable cleaning and drying
• Automatic solvent and waste level detection
• System Configuration minimal sample volume: 1.5 mL
• A heated interface is available
• Fast throughput.
• Automation saves operator time and increases your lab’s efficiency
• An urgent-sample interruption can be made at any time
Operation is completely automatic. The sample is measured and the data recorded. Depending on how the system is configured the data may also be printed, saved as an Excel file or transferred to a LIMS system
Multiple measurements from one sample, with fully automatic Sample Loading and automatic cleaning and drying.
Combine instruments with Automation to Measure: Refractive Index, BRIX, Density, Specific Gravity, Optical Rotation, Color, Alcohol % vol/vol, Proof and more all from a single sample.
AutoFlex gives you the most flexibility in sample vial selection, sample handling and instrument combinations.
Ideal for high throughput Flavor, Fragrance, Alcohol, Chemical, Petroleum, Food Labs who run many samples each day and want automatic cleaning of the system.
By measuring Specific Gravity and Refractive Index the alcohol % by vol/vol can be determined for many products. This is a fast, single sample load solution for the Alcopops, Wine and Beer industries. The process of pre-distilling samples to remove the alcohol and adding back distilled water to replace any solids is eliminated. Simply load your sample into the system and the system measures the sample. Using the 2 instruments and the AlcoTest-RI® software, the instrument calculates the alcohol %.
• High volume producers of Alcopops products with high solids and/or high sugar based flavorings
• Wine producers who wish to quickly measure alcohol % by vol/vol
• Producers of beer and other malt beverages
• Distilled Products with Obscuration
For alcohol % by vol/vol the following accuracies apply
better ±0.01 % v/v with DDM 2911 PLUS – TTB Compliant for high proof spirits
better ±0.04 % v/v with DDM 2911
better ±0.07 % v/v with DDM 2910
For obscured products, accuracies will vary by product. Ask for a demonstration or sample study.