Automatic Polarimeter, AUTOPOL® VI For Analytical Laboratories
The AUTOPOL® VI Automatic Polarimeter was developed for the most demanding analytical laboratories. If your laboratory requires the highest accuracy and must meet the most stringent compliance standards, the Autopol® VI has the measurement, temperature control, communications, and data tracking capabilities your application requires.
The Industry Standard Polarimeter – Unmatched Accuracy: ± 0.0003° Arc
For Racemic Solutions and very low concentration samples, the Autopol® VI provides unmatched 4th decimal optical rotation accuracy of ±0.0003°Arc over ±1°Arc. Instrument performance for readings between -1 and 1° Arc is: Resolution ±0.0001, Reproducibility ±0.0002, and Accuracy ±0.0003.
The Autopol® V PLUS and Autopol® VI have the validation tools and features to satisfy today’s global pharmaceutical companies, including: instrument level 21CFR Part 11 compliance, NIST traceable calibration standards and a global list of installations. Rudolph Research has thousands of satisfied customers who praise the Autopol® V PLUS and Autopol® VI quality, accuracy and reproducibility.
Standard Features and Accessories
- TempTrol™ – Electronic cooling & heating from 15°-35°C
- Six Standard Wavelengths: 365nm, 405nm, 436nm, 546nm, 589nm and 633nm
- 21CFR11 Compliance: Embedded or by a separate PC
- Domestic 3-year warranty and 20-year support guarantee, International warranty varies by country
- Standard Accessories: TempTrol™ NIST Traceable Quartz Standard (3 rotation), TempTrol™ 100mm Ceramic Polarimeter Cell, TempTrol™ Temperature Validation Cell, Thermoprobe, and Built-In Sample Measurement Probe
Versatile Communication Capability
The AUTOPOL VI polarimeter’s standard communication package includes:
- Ethernet port for Network Cable Connection
- 3 USB ports
- 2 RS 232 ports
- Easily add a USB Keyboard, Bar Code Scanner or Mouse
- 32 GB Non-Removable Compact Flash Data Storage
Allowing the capability to:
- Connect directly to Rudolph’s service department for remote testing and diagnostics via Internet connection.
- Connect to any Windows® based printer via USB or direct to the server via Windows® Print Library
- Save measurement data direct to your Network/Server
The Autopol® VI Use Rudolph’s Exclusive TempTrol™ Electronic Temperature Control System
The USP <781> requires optical rotation measurements at 25°C ± .5°C (unless another temperature is specified). The (EP) European Pharmacopoeia requires optical rotation measurements made at 20° ± .5°C (unless another temperature is specified).
Whatever your temperature control needs are, the Autopol® VI and the Autopol® V PLUS’ exclusive TempTrol™ System (Patent No. 6,717,665) makes your measurement in a few minutes without a water bath or any type of water circulation.
The TempTrol™ System allows push-button temperature control of your 100mm cell, 200mm cell or Quartz Plate. Set the temperature, push “measure” and walk away. The Autopol® will heat or cool to a predefined temperature and then provide you with the result all in one easy step.
Patented TempTrol™ Technology Eliminates the Need for a Water Bath. Here is How the TempTrol™ System Works:
TempTrol™ heating and cooling transfer surface in the polarimeter sample chamber
Temperature is selected via touch screen. Temperature selection of 20°C or 25°C shown above.
TempTrol™ cell with mating heating & cooling transfer surface manufactured with acid resistance materials: NEDOX™ and Peek™ below.
Place the TempTrol™ cell in your TempTrol™ equipped Autopol® polarimeter sample chamber to measure within ±0.2°C of the USP, EP, JP, or BP specified temperature (normally 20°C or 25°C ±0.5°C)
The Rudolph AutoFillTM
Filling a Polarimeter Cell has never been easier.
Rudolph Research Analytical developed AutoFillTM, Patent No. 10,101,353, a simple and easy way to allow
fast and reliable polarimeter cell loading. Polarimeter sample cells are filled without bubbles, using Rudolph
propriatary BubbleInspectTM technology, sample vapors are contained, and cleaning and drying is automated.
Manual cell handling, cleaning and loading is eliminated.
The AutoFillTM (Patent No. 10,101,353) is available as an option with
BubbleInspectTM on the Autopol V Plus and Autopol VI Polarimeters.
Engineered for perfect fills every time.
Operation is as simple as opening the AutoFillTM lid , pouring in your
sample, closing the lid and pressing start. The sample will be advanced into
the Polarimeter cell and stopped once full. The cell is now loaded and the
measurement will automatically begin after BubbleInspectTM approves the measurement.
When the measurement is complete the operator is prompted to open the AutoFillTM
chamber and add a solvent. The AutoFillTM lid is closed and the solution is flushed
through the cell to waste. Air drying will automatically begin and end.
You are now ready for your next measurement.
AutoFillTM reduces sample loading and cleaning time
• No need to inject samples with syringes. Samples are easily poured
in the AutoFillTM sample well.
• Eliminate contact with acids and bases.
• Air dry is run for the correct amount of time to fully dry the cell.
• Cleaning is made effortless.
• A perfect cell load is guaranteed every time with Rudolph’s exclusive
Optical Rotation Homogeneity Inspection Solution.
If Acids and Open Samples are Allowed in the Work Area
• Sample is easily poured into the large AutoFillTM well.
• All wetted parts are made to stand up against the most aggressive
samples including 6 Molar HCl
• All Materials are Teflon, Peek, and Kalrez®.
• You may choose to clean with a single solvent or a
combination of solvents.
To Validate Temperature Performance
Rudolph provides a temperature validation cell with every TempTrol™ system. The temperature validation cell along with an optional NIST traceable Thermo Probe is designed to validate the temperature control performance of the polarimeter and cell to ±0.2°C.
Measurement reports can be saved as an Excel or PDF file and edited quickly and easily. You can import logos and print your company’s customized “C of A” directly directly from the Autopol® VI Polarimeter.
Validation and Calibration
Rudolph Research Analytical knows that you must be able to validate your polarimeter’s operating performance regularly. Therefore, the AUTOPOL® VI comes standard with the accessories, validation tool and automatic calibration functions necessary to ensure that the temperature control, temperature measurement and optical measurement processes are working accurately and reproducibly. All functions are assessed simply and conveniently through the AUTOPOL® VI liquid sealed touch screen.
For Racemic Solutions and very low concentration samples, the AUTOPOL® VI provides unmatched 4th decimal Optical Rotation accuracy of ±0.0003°Arc over ±1°Arc. Instrument performance for readings between -1 and 1° Arc is: Resolution ±0.0001, Reproducibility ± 0.0002, and Accuracy ±0.0003.
Intuitive Windows® Embedded Interface
- 32 gigabytes of internal memory allow almost unlimited capacity for saving measurement data. The AUTOPOL®VI is network ready and data may also be saved directly to your server or to any directory desired.
- Internet access is possible directly from the AUTOPOL® VI’s touch screen. This feature allows real time contact with Rudolph Research Analytical’s Service and Technical Support Team who can access your instrument remotely to assist in Window navigation, method setup and troubleshooting.
- Windows based navigation architecture is so intuitive that most operators will never read the manual. But should you wish to reference the manual, it is stored right on the AUTOPOL VI’s internal memory.
- Three USB ports allow quick and easy connection to a mouse, keyboard, printer, bar code scanner, or memory stick. One USB port is located on the front of the unit and two USB ports are located on the back of the unit.
Flexible Method Management
Install your own measurement methods for immediate selection of the correct method to match your most common tests. Setting up your own custom methods is as simple as filling out a few screens like the one shown to the right.
Full 21CFR Part 11 Instrument Level Compliance
The AUTOPOL VI’s 21CFR Part 11 software module is easily enabled through the user friendly touch screen. This module gives you full compliance with:
- Electronic signature
- Access levels
- Internal write protected storage
- Unique passwords
- Write protected documents sent directly to server
- Audit trail
ADD and EDIT USER
21CFR11 mode is enabled via the Set 21CFR11 button. After clicking the Enable 21CFR11 button, the user must also select to either Enable Operator, Enable Review or both.
Add/Edit Users allows the creation of new 21CFR11 users, the ability to edit an existing user, and the ability to lock and unlock accounts.
ADD and EDIT GROUPS
Groups are used to determine the access permissions of the 21CFR11 users. When a group is added or edited, the administrator decides what menus the group will have access to in the Setup menu and sub-menus, and the 21CFR11 Administration Options menu and sub-menus.
Password Settings control the password policy used by the Autopol to authenticate users and whether the screen lock function is active and how long it takes for the screen lock to turn on.
Terminology allows the Administrator to customize the language of the Accept/Reject language that appears in the measurement report reviewed by a reviewer.
The Format Printing/Output menu lets the user control what information will be contained in the report, if the report will contain a logo image, the page orientation and margin settings and if the user will be prompted for a lot identifier and sample identifier when the measurements are being performed.
Print your customized Certificate of Analysis including your company logo directly from the Autopol VI® touch screen
Rudolph Exclusive Features
Flexible Method Management
Install your own Test Methods for immediate selection of the correct method to match your most common tests.
Intuitive Windows® Based Interface
• 32 gigabytes of internal memory allow almost unlimited capacity for saving measurement data. The Autopol® V PLUS and Autopol® VI are network ready and data may also be saved directly to your server or to any directory desired.
• Internet access is possible directly from the Autopol® V PLUS and Autopol® VI’s touch screens. This feature allows real time contact with Rudolph Research Analytical’s Service and Technical Support Team who can access your instrument remotely to assist in Window navigation, method setup and trouble shooting.
• Windows based navigation architecture is so intuitive that most operators will never read the manual. But should you wish to reference the manual, it is stored right on the Autopol® V PLUS and Autopol® VI’s internal memory.
• Three USB ports allow quick and easy connection to a mouse, keyboard, printer, bar code scanner, or memory stick. One USB port is located on the front of the unit (shown below) and two USB ports are located on the back of the unit (shown below).
The AUTOPOL® VI polarimeter comes standard with Rudolph’s Hastelloy™ upgrade option. This option includes a Hastelloy™ cell and Silco Steel™ cell chamber for increased resistance to acids like 6 Molar HCl.
Rudolph Research Analytical — still protecting your investment after 30 years
Today our Service Technicians have access to state of the art diagnostic tools and have a depth of knowledge that often lets them solve problems right over the phone. Our customers really appreciate the same day phone call by a real technical service person who wants to solve their problem. Our customers know that they can expect this support for many years to come as Rudolph is still repairing instruments which were built in the 70’s.
All Rudolph Instruments carry our exclusive 20 Commitment to service your instrument.
Rudolph Research Analytical offers a comprehensive range of Preventive Maintenance and Service Programs. Rudolph has demonstrated a commitment to its customers by keeping installed instruments operational, not only for 20 years, but in some cases for over 40 years. This long-term commitment to keeping our instruments running makes the cost of ownership, over the life of a Rudolph Instrument, one of the lowest in the laboratory market segment. At the date this document was published, there is no other laboratory instrument manufacturer guaranteeing service and technical support for 20 years. View the entire 20 Service Guarantee.
Degrees Arc, % Concentration
± 89° Arc Optical Rotation
0.0001° Arc Optical Rotation
Glan Thomson calcite quartz
365nm, 405nm, 436nm, 546nm, 589nm, 633nm
Touch Screen Selectable: 6 Standard
Automatic Electronic Heating & Cooling 15°-35°C
|Temp. Probe Range||
|Temp. Probe Accuracy||
4°/sec slewing rate & 5 sec nominal settling time
Tungsten-halogen 6V, 20W, avg. 2,000 hr life
Accepts sample tubes up to 200mm
32 GB Non-removable Compact Flash
3 USB Ports, 2 RS232 Ports, Ethernet Port for Network Connection
Automatic calibration via touch screeen
10.4 inch diagonal, 800x600 pixels, color, Flat Panel Monitor with Resistance Touch Screen Interface, 200 nits brightness, gasketted for spill protection
|Automatic Sensitivity Control||
Measures samples with transmittance as low as 0.01% (up to O.D. 4.0)
85-260 VAC; 48-62 Hz,
32"W x 11.5"H x 19.5"D
43"W x 28"H x 23"D
90 lbs (41 kg)
140 lbs (64 kg)