Polarimeter Selection Guide from Rudolph Research Analytical. Polarimeter Uses
Rudolph’s Polarimeter selection Guide can help you determine which Polarimeter is best for your industry and application. Firstly Our Polarimeter uses meet the demands of most laboratories across multiple countries around the world who measure optical rotation. Secondly Rudolph Research designs industry leading instruments that have the highest quality in accuracy to meet your needs in a wide range of industries. This guide was designed to educate and, furthermore, guide you to the Polarimeter that will fit your specific needs.
What is a Polarimeter? Industry Polarimeter Uses
A Polarimeter is a laboratory instrument that measures the angle of rotation of passing polarized light through an optically active substance. It is one of the most important methods for quality control throughout numerous industries such as…
Selecting a Polarimeter
Not sure where to get started? Contact one of our Polarimeter experts to help you decide which Polarimeter is best suited for your company as well as your industry. Rudolph Research has a wide selection of Polarimeters for multiple industries that are categorized by price, accuracy as well as features! Our capable instruments offer features not offered by any other manufacturer and will meet with your requirements across a wide range of industry applications. Rudolph polarimeter uses have several industries that they can be applied to depending on the individual model.
Polarimeter Uses and Models in Various Configurations, for your Industry and Applications
Food and Beverage Polarimeter
Polarimeter Uses for Food and Beverage Applications
Polarimeters have become the industry standard for quality control in the food industry. Certain brands want to make sure their ingredients and recipe is the same every time so they will use a Polarimeter to get accurate as well as reproducibility. There are specific polarimeter uses in these industries such as:
- Quality assurance at the beginning, middle as well as end of final products that hit store shelves.
- Purity control.
- Determination of concentrations.
- Lactose in milk.
What to look for when selecting a food and beverage Polarimeter:
- Cells as well as calibration standards only require 1 sample measurement probe to validate.
- All cells come with lifetime guarantee against breakage.
- Cells do not have to be left in the sample chamber and also can be filled easily outside of the chamber.
- Fast measurements.
- Ease of handling cells.
Rudolph Food and Beverage Polarimeter Users:
Kerry Ingredients and Flavors, Tate and Lyle, Dynamix Dairy Industries LTD.
Our Polarimeter Suggestion: Autopol I, Autopol II, Autopol III
Polarimeter for Sugar Applications.
- Sugar Purity.
- Sugar Cane.
- Refined Sugar.
- Invert Sugar.
- Starch analysis.
- Sugar-free sweeteners.
Features to look for when selecting a sugar Polarimeter:
- Prolonged use: As a result sugar Technologists demand 24 hour operation, 7 days a week.
- Whether your sugar analysis requires a 25mm, 50mm, 100 mm or 200 mm cell, whether you use 1/2 normal (13g/100ml), 1/4 normal (6.5g/100ml) or full weight sugar solutions, the AUTOPOL® 589, 880 and 880T provide the correct multiplier to display the reading as if the sample were prepared as a 1 normal solution in a 200 mm optical pathlength cell.
- Ability to have accurate as well as consistent readings for both light and darker samples being tested.
Rudolph Polarimeter Users for the Sugar Industry:
Spreckels Sugar Company, Atlantic Sugar Association, United States Sugar Processing
Our Polarimeter Suggestion: Autopol I, Autopol II, Autopol III-
Polarimeter for Pharmaceutical Applications
- Amino Acids as well as Proteins.
- Organic Compounds such as camphor and menthol.
Features to look for when selecting a pharmaceutical Polarimeter:
- Cells are lightweight, easy to handle, easy to fill and are also easy to clean. Above all, cell ends are removable.
- Cells and cell chambers are resistant to strong acids, such as 6M HCI and strong bases.
- Temperature validation as well as calibration fixture with thermometer or thermoprobe included as a no charge instrument accessory.
- 3 Rotation Quartz Standards Traceable to NIST as well as certified by an internationally recognized accreditation body.
- Quartz Calibration Standards have an accuracy of +0.0002 degrees optical rotation at 589nm.
- Windows Embedded for direct connection to the server, LIMS & SAP.
- Precision as well as compliance.
Rudolph Pharmaceutical Polarimeter Users:
Pfizer, Merck, Bayer
Our Polarimeter Suggestion: Autopol V Plus, Autopol VI
Polarimeter for Research and Laboratory Applications.
- Optically active compound analysis.
- Distinction of optical isomers.
- Kinetic reactions research.
- Investigating molecular structure.
Features to look for when selecting a research and laboratory Polarimeter:
- Rudolph’s tiltable screen makes viewing easy whether you’re sitting, standing or based upon user height.
- 20 year instrument support guarantee. Rudolph Research offers a comprehensive range of Preventative Maintenance and Service Programs, for instance.
Rudolph Laboratory and Research Polarimeter Users:
IFF, Doterra, Coca-Cola Research and Development Department
Our Polarimeter Suggestion: Autopol V Plus, Autopol VI.
Polarimeter for Flavor and Fragrance Applications
- Essential Oils.
- Quality Control for Products.
Features to look for when selecting a flavor and fragrance Polarimeter:
- Easy cleaning. Also Rudolph cells are designed with built-in apertures that are easily removable for cleaning.
- Six standard wavelengths: 365nm, 405nm, 436nm, 546nm, 589nm as well as 633nm.
- Resistance to chemicals.
Rudolph Polarimeter Users for the Flavor And Fragrance Industry:
Takasago, Firmenich, Givaudan Flavors Corporation
Our Polarimeter Suggestions: Autopol III, Autopol V Plus,
- Water based chemicals.
- Purity Control.
- Organic Fluids.
- Organic Polymers.
- Synthetic Polymers.
Features to look for when selecting a chemical Polarimeter:
- Built in measurement probe.
- Speed of measurement. Generally under one minute from the time the sample is placed in the instrument to the time the measurement is made.
- Specific accurate temperature control.
- Measurement variability.
- Robust as well as resistant to acid and chemicals.
Rudolph Polarimeter Users for the Chemical Industry:
Weyerhaeuser, Sigma Aldrich, Lhoist
Our Polarimeter Suggestion: Autopol I,
Education and University.
University and Education Applications
- Training for specific scientific industries.
Features to look for when selecting an education and university Polarimeter:
- Easy Handling.
- Budget as well as ease of use to help educate.
Rudolph Polarimeter Users in Education and University Labs:
Harvard University Medical School Brigham and Women’s Hospital, Queens University, Georgetown University.
Our Polarimeter Suggestion: Autopol I, Autopol II, Autopol III.
Why Choose a Rudolph Research Polarimeter?
Here at Rudolph we offer problem solving solutions. It’s no question why our happy customers love their Polarimeter instruments. With easy to use features designed in house, Rudolph offers one the highest quality Polarimeters in the industry, for instance.
Below are some common industry problems with solutions that our Polarimeters cover.
Problem: Your company or industry has very strict standards for sample accuracy and consistency. Therefore, your company or industry doesn’t have the time or manpower to make traditional or slower measurements. Your company or industry also requires the use of Quality Control compliance.
Solution: A Rudolph Research Polarimeter will offer you fast, accurate and compliant measurements for years to come. As a result, these polarimeter uses are convenient and cover a wide range of specific industry needs.
Polarimeter Testimonials. Here is what our customers have to say…
The University of Mississippi
“It has been over 6 months since our department has purchased the Autopol IV Polarimeter from Rudolph. I wanted to let you know that we have been extremely pleased with the performance of this instrument, in terms of sensitivity and reproducibility.”
– Dr. John M. Rimoldi
Associate Professor of Medical Chemistry
“Hello Richard, The Autopol V (Digital Polarimeter) has performed very well throughout the entire five years. We use the 589nm wavelength most often, but we also use the 365nm and 325nm wavelengths. Naturally, the instrument is the center of our satisfaction. We have liked the stable readings the units gives, the long life of the light source (we are still on our original bulb), and also the variety of polarimeter cells offered by Rudolph. The Temp-Trol is also a helpful feature for getting just the right temperature. We are very happy with our Autopol and would recommend one to any lab considering a purchase of an automated polarimeter.”
J.P. / Supervisor
I.P. Callison & Sons
“I am writing to express what a benefit the Rudolph Research Autopol IV and J257 Refractometer, used in conjunction with the (Other Brand) and sample changer, has been to our laboratory…. Incorporating this system into our laboratory has been like adding another employee. It saves time while ensuring accurate results, and is extremely user-friendly. In addition, I’ve found that Rudolph Research Analytical goes the extra mile to ensure their customer is satisfied with their product and their service. I would highly recommend this equipment and this company to any lab as busy as ours.”
Quality Assurance Specialist
I.P. Callison & Sons
Brigham and Women’s Hospital
“I have been extremely pleased with the Autopol (Polarimeter) instruments over the years. While on the faculty at the University of Tennessee, I routinely used a Rudolph Research Autopol that was very reliable despite the fact that this instrument was quite old and used by many people. When I came to Harvard, we had no polarimeter at our disposal, so I naturally turned to Rudolph Research. I appreciate how you and your staff worked with us so that we could purchase a quality instrument at a price affordable to our academic lab. As expected, our refurbished Autopol II has been reliable and easy to use. I should add that your personal visit to help us set up the instrument was very helpful and illustrated to me that Rudolph Research stands behind its products. Thank you again for your assistance, and I look forward to continuing our relationship with Rudolph Research.”
Associate Professor of Neurology
Brigham and Women’s Hospital
Center for Neurological Diseases
Superior features and Compliance
Quality, Innovation, and Integrity with a Global Reach, Rudolph Research Analytical.
In conclusion, We Promise to meet and exceed your expectations through truthful explanations of our capabilities and our ability to meet the requirements of your application. Moreover, the best companies in the world demand the best instruments. You will not find a brand more dedicated and customer focused than Rudolph. As a result, our team works tirelessly to educate and take care of our valued customers. Just give us a call, above all we pick up!