Trouble viewing this video? Click here
Rudolph Research Analytical has the right Density Meter for your application.
Density Meter applications from Rudolph research Analytical. This Density Meter guide shows uses as well as which application is best suited for each industry. Rudolph’s DDM Density Meter S4 has excellent features making it the density meter of choice for several industries.
What Density Meter is best for your industry? Are you a…
- Petroleum / Chemical Laboratory?
- Spirits Distillery? Take a look at Rudolph’s AlcoTest®RI
- University or education Lab?
- A Food or Beverage laboratory.
- A Pharmaceutical QC Lab.
- Flavor and fragrance laboratory.
- There are several density meter applications based off of your industry.
The Rudolph Density Meter Series all share several common features.
Rudolph Density Meter Series offers excellent visibility of the instrument’s U-Tube
- Exclusive 2X, 6X and 10X view of the U-Tube – so you can see any error causing bubbles.
- A full and clear view of the entire U-Tube is possible at 2X magnification. The series 4 density meter includes a new high resolution camera, for even sharper image quality.
- The user can view U-Tube at six times magnification and ten times magnification, then scanned back and forth so the entire U-Tube is visible.
The Rudolph Density Meter Series uses modern software and offers the technology needed in today’s modern Lab
- A Windows Embedded operating system gives a friendly PC type environment and flexibility to easily add a printer, keyboard, bar code , or any USB device.
- A re-designed user interface provides an even more intuitive workflow.
- 32 gigabytes of internal flash memory unlimited capacity for saving measurement data. Need more data storage? simply add a thumb-drive or export data to your network.
- Five USB ports – 2 Forward facing and 3 rear facing.
- Two – Cat 5 Ethernet ports for Network Cable Connection.
- 1 RS 232 Port and 1 HDMI Port.
- Mechanical oscillation principle U-Tube with Viscosity Correction and Reference Oscillator.
- cGMP/GLP Calibration.
- Ergonomic screen design for operator’s comfort.
A laboratory instrument should fit easily in your laboratory and be comfortable to use. The Rudolph has a small footprint, and an easy to operate touch screen which is adjustable, making it comfortable for taller or shorter operators to use.
Flexible Method Management.
The Rudolph DDM density meter S4 comes with and can be customized with a wide variety of methods. The user can easily add new customized methods.
For unique measurement density meter applications, easily create a sample method using an unlimited number of Concentration Tables, Formulas, and Polynomials to match the measurement methods used in your laboratory.
The viscosity correction algorithms in the series 4 density meter are the most comprehensive in the industry. The full range of solution viscosities can be measured and the data corrected for any degree of viscosity.
Full 21 CFR Part 11 Instrument Level Compliance
The Rudolph optional 21CFR Part 11 module is easily enabled through the user-friendly touch screen and affords you full compliance current 21CFR Part 11 standards.
Rudolph understands your industry and density meter application
Beverages, Spirits, Wines.
- The DDM 2911 PLUS is approved by the US TTB for % ethanol in addition to proof testing for alcohol spirits.
- Widely used in facilities for testing during beverage production.
Food, Flavor and Fragrance Density Meter Applications
- Used to monitor batch consistency and ensure proper blending ratios.
- Add automation and measurement of Refractive Index, Brix, Color, pH, and optical rotation to the density measurement for a fully automated solution.
Petroleum and Chemical Density Meter Applications
- The Rudolph is ideal for demanding Chemical and Petroleum laboratories.
- Measure API, Density, and Specific gravity in accordance with ASTM Petroleum requirements (ASTM # 4052).
- Check batch consistency and ensure proper blending ratios.
- Withstands harsh environments and resistant to aggressive chemicals.
- Calibrate using petroleum standards.
Pharmaceutical Density Meter Applications
- Capable of 2, 3, 4 or more multiple measurements with standard deviation, mean, min and max reading for true cGLP/GMP compliance.
- Complete IQ/OQ/PQ documentation.
- 21CFR Part 11 and Data Integrity full compliance.
- Compliant with ISO 12185 JP, BP and EP.
Improved measurement speed as well as temperature control
The latest Density Meters from Rudolph Research offers superior temperature control, and enhanced measurement speed. This allows for a variety of density meter applications. The chamber containing the u-tube assembly has been improved to allow extremely efficient temperature control of the solution in the u-tube. The quicker you can stabilize your sample temperature, the faster you can obtain results. The series 4 density meter delivers results 40% to 50% faster than our series 3 models.
Rudolph flexibility to meet your sample handling requirements.
Fully automatic and semi-automatic sample loading options are available. Choose the sample load option for your density meter application.
- Vertically inject sample against gravity reducing air bubbles. Suitable for left and right handed operators as opposed to manual horizontal injection. Plunger is easier to push with all samples and there is more control over the syringe than with Horizontal Load.
- Gives the ability to apply more pressure to the syringe when injecting viscous samples without harming operators.
- Much easier cleaning. When a measurement is complete and the syringe is removed, gravity will force the sample down and into the waste jar. As opposed to the traditional horizontal load, if the waste tubing was bent, the sample would pour backwards and spill out on the table.
- Preserves the nozzles and nozzle bodies much better since there will not be added pressure from pushing on them when loading a sample. All the pressure will be on the top plate, thus saving in future maintenance costs.
Traditional Horizontal Loading
- Load the samples in the density meter by directly injecting the sample into the inlet port
- You can watch the sample progress through the U-Tube and monitor for bubbles with a 2X.
- Need a closer look? View at 6X or 10X.
- When your measurement is complete simply flush the U-Tube with your choice of solvent and use the convenient built in air pump to dry the U-Tube.
- Sample requirement is only 1ml.
- Vertical Sample Loading – Sample injection is done vertically against gravity reducing air Suitable for left and right handed operators as opposed to manual horizontal injection. Plunger is easier to push with all samples and there is more control over the syringe than horizontal load.
- Gives the ability to apply more pressure to the syringe when injecting viscous samples without harming or the instrument.
- Much easier cleaning. When a measurement is complete and the syringe is removed, gravity will assist moving the sample and rinse solvent down and into the waste jar.
- The Load Assist option allows sample loading two ways: by manual vertical injection or having the PeriPump pull the syringe down for you.
- Ideal for pulling the rinse solutions automatically into the system thus making the rinsing part of the operation much easier and independent.
- Back-Pressure mode available for carbonated samples. This mode runs the peri-pump backwards for a short amount of time, compressing any bubbles out of the solution.
- eliminates variability in sample loading due to operator differences.
MM Peri Pump
- The MM Peri-pump is our most versatile option. It Allows three ways to inject the sample: automatically through the supplied needle, syringe or manual vertical injections.
- The MM Peri-pump also addresses sample loading differences between operators, and eliminates the need for multiple consumable syringes.
- An added benefit is the cleaning process, or possible lack of cleaning and going right into your next sample which will decrease operational times.
- Inserts directly into your bottle.
Automate your Density Meter Applications or Laboratory with a Rudolph Autoflex® R837 or Automation System
- You can combine with various Rudolph Automation Systems and Sample Handling Accessories such as: Peristaltic Pump, Autofill®, Autoflex® R835 and Autoflex® R837 AutoSampler. The Rudolph Research R837 AutoFlex® is perfect for high throughput laboratories looking to increase productivity.
- The Rudolph R837 Auto Sampler is the most flexible Auto Sampler in the marketplace. Uses your containers in custom racks eliminating the need to decant. You can push, suck, agitate, or heat samples. Reads any bar code, in any position. Run one method or several, all on the same carousel and always available, urgent samples? not a problem. Greatly increases productivity!
At Rudolph we have you covered with expert instrument and density meter application advice combined with our exclusive 20 Year commitment to service your instrument. With a wide range of sample handling options, we are sure to have the optimal solutions for your application.
Why not contact us or your local distributor by phone or email and learn more about Rudolph Density Meters for your application or laboratory.