AUTOPOL V, Automatic Polarimeter For Demanding Laboratories
The AUTOPOL V Automatic Polarimeter is designed for today’s FDA regulated analytical laboratories. Whether you are a Pharmaceutical, Nutraceutical or University Lab, the AUTOPOL V has the standard measurement and compliance features you must have, including:
- TempTrol™ – Electronic cooling and heating from 15°-40°C
- 21CFR Part 11 Compliance: Electronic signature and secure local data storage
- Six Standard Wavelengths: 365nm, 405nm, 436nm, 546nm, 589nm, 633nm
- Standard Accessories: TempTrol™ NIST Traceable Quartz Standard, TempTrol™ 100mm Polarimeter Cell, TempTrol™ Temperature Validation Cell and Built-In Sample Measurement Probe.
- 3-year domestic warranty and 20-year support guarantee
TempTrol™ Electronic Temperature Control System
The TempTrol™ System allows push-button temperature control of your TempTrol™ 100mm cell, 200mm cell or Quartz Control Plate. Set the temperature, push “measure” and walk away. The AUTOPOL V Fully Automatic Polarimeter will heat or cool to a predefined temperature and then provide you with the result, all in one easy step.
The TempTrol™ System will accurately control your sample temperature to within ±0.2°C.
The AUTOPOL® V Automatic Polarimeter Offers Acid Resistance and Traceable Quartz Plates.
- 6m HCl acid resistance: Silco Steel coating on the polarimeter chamber temperature transfer surface and a Hastelloy measurement cell with NIST certificate certifying optical path length.
- To meet the FDA’s latest position on measurement bracketing, the Autopol® V Plus comes with a NIST traceable quartz plate with three rotations: +0.998° Arc, +10.998° Arc, -10.000° Arc. Each rotation has a NIST certificate.
Automatic Polarimeter with Six Wavelengths and Only One Light Source
The AUTOPOL V Automatic Polarimeter comes standard with six wavelengths: 365nm, 405nm, 436nm, 546nm, 589nm, 633nm. Wavelength selection is completely automatic and is accomplished by the push of a button. There are no lamps or filters to manually remove or insert.
The tungsten-halogen lamp employed in the AUTOPOL V Polarimeter is a compact, reliable, low-cost, high intensity light source that allows any desired wavelength in the visible spectrum to be selected by means of a narrow band multilayer interference filter. The AUTOPOL standard 10nm bandwidth is specified to permit high energy throughput and sensitivity for sample transmittances of only 0.01 % (O. D. = 4), while minimizing the effects of sample ORD and color.
Standard Accessories, Validation and Calibration
The AUTOPOL V Polarimeter comes standard with the accessories, validation tools and automatic calibration functions necessary to ensure that the temperature control, temperature measurement and optical measurement processes are working correctly and reproducibly. All functions are accessed simply and conveniently through the AUTOPOL V liquid sealed touchscreen.
Autopol V Polarimeter Standard accessories include:
- TempTrol™ NIST Traceable Quartz Standard
- TempTrol™ 100mm Polarimeter Cell
- TempTrol™ Temperature Validation Cell
- Built-In Sample Measurement Probe
- 1 Front Facing USB and 2 Rear Facing USB – Allows quick and easy connection to a mouse, keyboard, printer, bar code scanner, or memory stick.
- Serial Port
- Ethernet Port
The AUTOPOL V also accepts all Rudolph Standard Cells and Quartz Plates.
Laboratory Network and Printer Communications Simplified
- Ethernet Port for Network Cable Connection
- Internet access allowing connection to Rudolph’s service department for remote testing and diagnostics
- Connect to any Windows® based printer via USB or direct to the server via Windows® Print Library
- Save measurement data direct to your Network/Server/USB Drive
Automatic, Electronic Polarimeter Temperature Control System using TempTrol™
The USP <781> require optical rotation measurements at 25°C ± .5°C (unless another temperature is specified). The European Pharmacopoeia requires optical rotation measurements made at 20°C ± .5°C (unless another temperature is specified).
Whatever your temperature control needs are, the AUTOPOL® V’s exclusive TempTrol™ System (Patent No. 6,717,665) makes your measurement in a few minutes without a waterbath or any type of water circulation.
The TempTrol™ System allows push-button temperature control of your 100mm cell, 200mm cell, or Quartz Plate. Set the temperature, push “measure” and walk away. The AUTOPOL V will heat or cool to a predefined temperature and then provide you with the result all in one easy step.
Patented TempTrol™ Technology Eliminates the Need for a Water Bath. Here is How the TempTrol System Works:
TempTrol™ heating and cooling transfer surface in the polarimeter sample chamber
TempTrol™ cell is placed in the sample chamber with mating heating & cooling transfer surface, manufactured with acid resistance materials: Hastelloy™ and Peek™.
Temperature is selected via touch screen. Temperature selection of 20°C shown left.
Place the TempTrol™ cell in your TempTrol™ equipped Autopol® polarimeter sample chamber to measure within ±0.2°C of the USP, EP, JP, or BP specified temperature (normally 20°C or 25°C ±0.5°C)
Rudolph provides a temperature validation cell with every polarimeter TempTrol™ system. The temperature validation cell along with optional NIST traceable thermometer is designed to validate the temperature control performance of the polarimeter and cell to ±0.2°C.
Measurement reports can be saved as an Excel or PDF file and edited quickly and easily. You can import logos and print your company’s customized “C of A” directly directly from the Autopol V Polarimeter.
Intuitive Windows® 7 Embedded Based Interface
- 8 gigabytes of internal memory allow almost unlimited capacity for saving measurement data. The AUTOPOL V is network ready and data may also be saved directly to your server or to any directory desired.
- Internet access is possible directly from the AUTOPOL V’s touch screen. This feature allows real time contact with Rudolph Research Analytical’s Service and Technical Support Team who can access your instrument remotely to assist in Window navigation, method setup and troubleshooting.
- Windows based navigation architecture is so intuitive that most operators will never read the manual. But should you wish to reference the manual, it is stored right on the AUTOPOL V’s internal memory.
- Three USB ports allow quick and easy connection to a mouse, keyboard, printer, bar code scanner, or memory stick. One USB port is located on the front of the unit and two USB ports are located on the back of the unit.
Flexible Method Management
Install your own measurement methods for immediate selection of the correct method to match your most common tests. Setting up your own custom methods is as simple as filling out a few screens like the one shown to the right.
Full 21CFR Part 11 Instrument Level Compliance
The AUTOPOL VI’s 21CFR Part 11 software module is easily enabled through the user friendly touch screen. This module gives you full compliance with:
- Electronic signature
- Access levels
- Internal write protected storage
- Unique passwords
- Write protected documents sent directly to server
- Audit trail
Polarimeter Sample Chamber and Cell – Acid Resistance
The AUTOPOL V polarimeter is available with Rudolph’s Hastelloy™ upgrade option. This option includes a Hastelloy™ cell and Silco Steel™ cell chamber for increased resistance to acids like 6 Molar HCl.
Rudolph Research Analytical — still protecting your investment after 30 years
Today our Service Technicians have access to state of the art diagnostic tools and have a depth of knowledge that often lets them solve problems right over the phone. Our customers really appreciate the same day phone call by a real technical service person who wants to solve their problem. Our customers know that they can expect this support for many years to come as Rudolph is still repairing instruments which were built in the 70’s.
All Rudolph Instruments carry our exclusive 20 Commitment to service your instrument.
Rudolph Research Analytical offers a comprehensive range of Preventive Maintenance and Service Programs. Rudolph has demonstrated a commitment to its customers by keeping installed instruments operational, not only for 20 years, but in some cases for over 40 years. This long-term commitment to keeping our instruments running makes the cost of ownership, over the life of a Rudolph Instrument, one of the lowest in the laboratory market segment. At the date this document was published, there is no other laboratory instrument manufacturer guaranteeing service and technical support for 20 years. View the entire 20 Service Guarantee.
|AUTOPOL V Specifications|
Degrees Arc, % Concentration
± 89.9° Arc Optical Rotation
0.001° Arc Optical Rotation
|Standard Model Accuracy||
0.002° up to 1°, 0.2% up to 5°, 0.01° above 5°
|AP Model Specs||
Accuracy (546nm and 589nm): ±0.002° Arc over ±89.9° Arc
Glan Thomson calcite quartz
365nm, 405nm, 436nm, 546nm, 589nm, 633nm
Touchscreen Selectable: 6 standard
Automatic Electronic Heating & Cooling 15°-40°C (Standard) ±0.2° C (Standard)
|Temp. Probe Range||
|Temp. Probe Accuracy||
Hastelloy™ measurement cell and Silco Steel™
4°/sec slewing rate & 5 sec nominal settling time
Tungsten-halogen 6V, 20W, avg. 2,000 hr life
Accepts sample tubes up to 200mm
8 GB Non-removable Compact Flast
3 - USB Ports
Automatic calibration by push-button
Windows 7 Embedded
8 inch color LCD with LED backlight providing 800 x 600 resolution with 400 nits of luminance
|Automatic Sensitivity Control||
Measures samples with transmittance as low as 0.01 % (up to O.D. 4.0)
100-240 VAC, 50/60 Hz
30"W x 17"H x 10.5"D,
30"W x 11.5"H x 17"D,
85 lbs (39 kg)
120 lbs. (54kg)