Density Meters for Chemical, Petroleum, Pharmaceutical, Petro-Chemical, and Beverage Labs
Automatic Density Meters from Rudolph. This product line is ideal for both research and production work across many industries. These include Chemical, Petroleum, Pharmaceutical, Petro-Chemical, and Beverage. Rudolph has gained great experience serving these markets for decades. Thus Rudolph has incorporated the features you need for both production and research applications.
Density Meters: Watch a video about the Rudolph DDM Line of Automatic Density Meters
Trouble viewing this video? Click Here
DENSITY METERS – PETROLEUM LABORATORY
- Measure API Values in accordance with ASTM D1250, ASTM D4052, ASTM D5002, DIN 51757, ISO 12185,
ASTM D4806, IP 365, and ASTM D5931
- QC incoming raw materials
- Research new products and additives
- Withstands harsh and heavy use environments
- Calibrate using petroleum standards
AUTOMATIC DENSITY METERS – CHEMICAL INDUSTRY
- Measure in units of Kg/m3, g/cm3, g/ml, pounds/gallon, specific gravity, Baumé.
- Determine concentration in: %, molarity, normality, mole fraction, ppm.
- Check batch consistency and ensure proper blending ratios.
- All wetted materials are compatible with the most aggressive chemicals.
- Many additional measurement and method options.
HIGH ACCURACY DENSITY METERS – PHARMACEUTICAL LABORATORIES
- Capable of 3, 5 or more multiple measurements with standard deviation, mean, min and max reading for true cGLP/GMP compliance.
- Complete IQ/OQ/PQ documentation.
- Checking of raw materials and product release.
- 21CFR11 Compliance; Electronic Signature and Secure Data Storage.
- Compliant with USP <8417> ISO 17025, JP, BP, and EP.
DENSITY METERS – BEVERAGE APPLICATIONS
- Measure both alcoholic and nonalcoholic beverages with easy bubble detection using VideoView™.
- Direct and accurate means of °Brix determination, °Plato, °Balling, % Solids.
- Use apparent density function for proper filling volume monitoring.
How to Choose A Density Meter for your Application.
How to select an Automatic Density Meter model for chemical, pharmaceutical, petroleum, cosmetics, essential oils, petrol-chemical, education, and university applications. The Rudolph DDM2910 and DDM2911 offer a wide range of features. These include, sample handling, sample loading, method management, measurement, and measurement fail-safe options. Rudolph Density Meters address each aspect of the density measurement process to ease and speed sample handling, manage measurement methods, and monitor the density meter’s testing environment. In addition, user friendly features aid the operator with clear controls and a crisp digital display.
The Rudolph Advantage in Density Meters includes:
Density Meters with On-board Flexible Method Management. Factory installed density meter measurement methods allow for immediate selection of the correct method to match the most common applications.
For unique density measurement applications, create a sample method using an unlimited number of Concentration Tables, Formulas, and Polynomials to match the density measurement methods used in your laboratory. Setting up your custom method on your Density Meter is as simple as filling out a few screens.
Density Meters with Wider Measurement Range:
The Rudolph DDM2910 and DDM2911 Density Meters can measure samples from 0 degree C to 90 degree C. Offering one of the widest temperature control ranges in the industry, giving you the correct temperature for your measurement application.
Density Meters from Rudolph Research offer a full view of the U-Tube for effective Bubble Detection
No more straining to see small difficult-to-detect air bubbles in your sample with live on-screen viewing of the entire U-Tube. On-screen bubble detection is made possible utilizing Rudolph’s exclusive camera that allows a 2X, 6X and 10X magnified view of the entire U-Tube. No other instrument manufacturer offers this technology. Rudolph, helps the user avoid error causing air bubbles, a common cause of poor results.
Automatic Density Meters with 21CFR Part 11 Instrument Level Compliance
Oscillating U-Tube with Viscosity Correction and Reference Oscillator (patent pending)
The Rudolph Research Density Meter’s oscillating U-tube with full range viscosity correction and reference oscillator (patent pending). This technology allows for long term calibration stability and measurement at all temperatures with a single calibration.
- Calibrate the DDM2910 and DDM2911 with 2 or 3 Traceable Standards – calibrating with merely air and water appears inconsistent with cGMP/GLP compliance regulations. (see H&D Fitzgerald’s recommendations at www.density.co.uk )
- Can print out complete method configuration, communication settings, as well as calibration verification and calibration adjustment data/history.
- Measured values can be shown continuously as temperature stability is being reached or, at the discretion of the user. Measured values will only be displayed once the final answer is reached and completely stable.
- Unlimited number of customized calibration adjustments and calibration verifications are possible.
Computer Windows Based Flexibility
- 32 gigabytes of internal memory allow almost unlimited capacity for saving measurement data. The DDM 2911 and DDM 2910 Density Meters are network ready so data may also be saved directly to your server or to any directory.
- Internet access is possible directly from the DDM2910 or DDM2911 touch screen.
- Disk Protection feature protects the operating system against malware infections in networked environments.
- Embedded Windows based navigation architecture is so intuitive that most operators will never read the manual. But should you wish to reference the manual, it is stored right on the DDM 2911 and DDM 2910’s internal memory
- Copy methods, transfer concentration tables, download data, etc., via one of the 2 of 5 total USB ports on front of unit.
- Three additional rear USB ports allow for quick and easy connections. You may add a mouse, keyboard, printer, bar code scanner, or memory stick.
Versatile Communication Capability
- Cat 5 Network Cable Connection.
- 5 USB ports.
- 2 RS 232 Ports.
Sample measurement reports are quickly and easily edited. Just import templates from Word® or Excel® to the DDM2910 and DDM2911 Density Meter. You may then print your company’s customized Certificate of Analysis directly.
Traceable Calibration Standards
Rudolph knows how important it is to calibrate with Traceable Standards and therefore, we include either a NIST or UKAS standard in the accessories provided with both our DDM2910 and DDM2911 Density Meters.
Rudolph offers a wide range of sample handling option
The Rudolph DDM with AutoFill™ was developed by listening to customers who wanted an easier method of sample loading. Customers wanted to decant right from their existing containers. With AutoFill™, samples are easily poured right into the sample well. Users have do not have to come in contact with the sample. Simply pour it in. The lid is closed and the sample is advanced to the U-Tube with the push of a button on the DDM touch screen. To clean, open the lid and pour in the solvent of your choice. Close the sample well lid again, press a button and the solvent is flushed through the U-Tube and air drying is automatically started.
Who Should Use this System?
- Users who make many measurements each day and want an easy to load and clean Density Meter.
- Laboratories who do not want to come in contact with caustic acids, or bases.
Automatic Density Meters easily integrate with Laboratory Automation Flexibility
Rudolph Research knows you need to save time performing routine measurement tasks. Saving time, save money. Using a Rudolph Density Meter as the heart of the system we can combine multiple instruments to produce measurement routines on up to 240 sample. We can design a custom configuration just for your application.
With decades of worldwide laboratory instrument design and sales, Rudolph Research knows you application requirements and can help you select the right Density Meter from our innovative line of products.
All Rudolph Instruments carry our exclusive 20 Commitment to service your instrument.
Rudolph Research Analytical offers a comprehensive range of Preventive Maintenance and Service Programs. Rudolph has demonstrated a commitment to its customers by keeping installed instruments operational for 20 years and in many cases for over 40 years. This long-term commitment to keeping our instruments running reduces the cost of ownership, over the life of a Rudolph Instrument. Rudolph offers one of the lowest cost of ownership in the laboratory market segment. As of the date this document was published, no other laboratory instrument manufacturer guarantees service and technical support for 20 years. View the entire 20 Service Guarantee.