Select a Refractometer for your laboratory from Rudolph Research Analytical
A Refractometer for every demanding Laboratory application for Measuring Refractive Index. Rudolph offers the widest range of refractometers available in the market. Rudolph is a leading analytical laboratory instrument supplier. We manufacture precision quality, benchtop instrumentation. We serve the Pharmaceutical, Chemical, Petroleum, Petro-Chemical, Food, Beverage, Flavor, fragrance and Alcohol industries. Therefore, all our instruments are designed to meet specific application requirements. Our instruments are designed to exceed your requirements. To meet many needs, we offer a range of models and numerous configurations. We are of course always pleased to advise you as you make a purchase decision for your laboratory.
What does a refractometer measure?
- Measuring Refractive Index
- Measuring BRIX
- Measure the Refractive Index of Solids
- UAN Fertilizer Concentration Analysis
- Refractive Index for Powder – Particle Size Analysis
What industries use refractometers?
Every industry has its unique application requirements, environmental constraints and operator handling issues with which to contend. Different capabilities, sample handling options and configurations are needed for different industries.
- Food and Beverage
- Sugar Milling, Refining, Processing
- Refractometers for Chemical Applications
- Pharmaceutical and Toxicology Testing
For more applications and industry uses see the Rudolph Refractometer Selection Guide
Refractometer: Watch a video about the Rudolph Research line of Automatic Refractometers
Trouble viewing this video? Click Here
Refractometers From Rudolph Research All Feature:
- Easy to clean, shallow Sample well. A clean sample well is imperative to accurate measurements.
- Durable Sapphire Prisms with Long-life Light sources. Low Life of instrument cost.
- 3 Year Domestic Warranty.
- Up to 3 year International Warranty.
- 20 Year Support Guarantee.
- Sales and local service located near your lab anywhere in the world.
- Durability to stand up to the harshest environments.
- Modern Refractometer Data Storage
- Most Importantly, decades of leading Analytical Instrument Design and Support.
High Durability Sapphire Prism
All Rudolph Research J-Series refractometer instruments offer a sapphire prism. This provides for high mechanical and chemical durability. The sample well is made of acid resistant 316 stainless steel with a Techtron sealing ring. The LED light source is designed to last for 1,000,000 measurements. The prism does not scratch and can with stand the harshest environments.
Shallow Refractometer Sample Well – All Rudolph J-Series Models
Refractometer measurement accuracy is only as reliable as the cleanliness of the sample well. Thus, hard to clean sample wells can lead to inaccuracies. This is due to residual sample left from a prior measurement. Rudolph set out to dramatically minimize this problem with a new approach to sample well design. Using higher quality optics Rudolph was able to design a sample well that is very shallow and smooth. This design, allows much easier cleaning and less surface area for contaminants to hide. The well cleans easily. The result is more accurate measurements due to significantly sample cross-contamination.
Refractometers – With advanced sample temperature control
Rudolph’s sample well has an electronic heating and cooling system. This greatly improves results and is simple to use. Moreover, sample temperatures must be accurately controlled within the sample well. This true for most applications. Some applications requires highly controlled temperature. A temperature controlled presser can be added to insure even and accurate temperature stability. This provides stable temperature control from both the top and bottom. Therefore, a precisely controlled micro-environment is created. Thus, temperature controlled samples from both the top and bottom allow for the most accurate measurement.
Refractometers – with dozens of application specific options, over 10 Models
Rudolph understands your measurement applications. We provide the needed instruments and configurations to meet your requirements. For example, application requirements may be dictated by regulatory agencies, quality control demands, or sample handling concerns. Refractometers may also be utilized in conjunction with other instruments for multiple measurements. You may load one sample to receive multiple measurement results. Measurements can be used together with sample specific tables or calculations. In addition, sample delivery can be automated. In addition, automation can be with or without other instruments for a complete Laboratory Automation solution. Above all, Rudolph products will increase efficiency in your laboratory.
High Accuracy Laboratory Refractometer – Model J457 Our Most Advanced Model. Ideal for very demanding Pharmaceutical, Analytical, and Chemical Labs.
- Smart Measure™ Improves Results with Live Measurement and Sample Load Well Monitoring.
- Dual Electronic Temperature Control – Range 10ºC – 110ºC or 10ºC – 120ºC (optional).
- Accuracy: Refractive Index ±0.00002, BRIX ±0.01.
- Fully 21 CFR Part 11 Compliance and On-Board Data Storage.
- Bright, easy to read, chemical resistant screen that tilts for taller or shorter users.
- Widest Measurement Range of Refractive Index 1.26 – 1.72 and BRIX 0 – 100.
- In addition, Data Storage – 32GB non-removable Compact Flash.
- Fully Networkable.
- Windows Embedded OS.
- The J457 can be configured in standard Benchtop, Wall Mount or Factory configurations.
- To sum up, read more about the J457, Laboratory Refractometer
Automatic Refractometer Model J357 – Pharmaceutical, Chemical, Petroleum, Essential Oils, Fragrance and Cosmetic Laboratories.
- Dual Electronic Temperature Control – Range 15ºC – 100ºC or 10ºC – 120ºC (optional).
- Accuracy: ±0.00004 RI, ±0.03 BRIX.
- High Durability Sapphire Prism.
- Data Storage: Internal storage, save to a thumb drive or upload via RS 232 to LIMS systems.
- Highly capable with nearly unlimited scales stored in the instrument.
- Measure almost any sample.
- To sum up, read more about the J357, Automatic Refractometer
Versatile Refractometer Model J257. High Accuracy, Wide Range for Polymer, Petroleum, Chemical, Pharmaceutical and Essential Oil Laboratories.
- Wide refractive index range of 1.26-1.72.
- Measures beyond instruments with only a food refractive index range of 1.33-1.53.
- Measures aromatic essential oils, fluorocarbon solvents, and all known materials.
- In addition, large, easy to read, 7.5cm x 10cm cold cathode fluorescent, digital LCD Screen.
- To sum up, read more about the J257 Versatile Refractometer
Digital Refractometer J157 PLUS – High Accuracy for Food, Beverage, Water Based Chemicals, and Sugar Industries.
- Measures to ±0.00002 RI / ±0.01 BRIX.
- More accurate and reproducible than 4 decimal place wide range chemical refractometers.
- Dual Electronic temperature control from the top and bottom of the sample well.
- Large range of standard and customized scales are available.
- All J157 PLUS and above operate on a Windows Embedded OS.
- Large, easy to read, 7.5cm x 10cm cold cathode fluorescent back lit, digital LCD Screen.
- J157-633 operates at 633nm for OWLS system Biotechnical and Bioengineering labs.
- To sum up, read more about the J157 PLUS Digital Refractometer
High Accuracy Refractometer J57 VT- Rudolph Research
- Wide Measurement Range for the Chemical Industry.
- High Accuracy.
- Most importantly, rugged design with small foot print
- In addition, J57VT offers an wide Refractive Index (RI) measurement range from 1.26 – 1.70.
- To sum up, Read more about the High Accuracy Refractometer J57VT Refractometer
Benchtop Refractometer Model J47, When QC Counts
- Precision lab refractometers with traceable calibration.
- In addition, stores measurement electronically.
- On-board temperature correction tables for sugar and water based samples.
- To sum up, Read more about the J47 Benchtop Refractometer
Excellent for QC when Quality is truly important in the Food and Beverage product industry.
Years of user feedback and innovation has resulted in a wide range of instruments and option. Listening to users Rudolph offers a refractometer model for every industry and application.
All Rudolph Instruments carry our exclusive 20 Commitment to service your instrument.
Rudolph Research Analytical offers a comprehensive range of Preventive Maintenance and Service Programs. Rudolph has demonstrated a commitment to its customers by keeping installed instruments operational for many years. Not only for 20 years, but in some cases for over 40 years. Therefore, a long-term commitment to keeping our instruments running reduces the cost of ownership. Over the life of a Rudolph Instrument longevity reduces cost. This results in one of the lowest in the laboratory market segment. At the date this document was published, there is no other laboratory instrument manufacturer guaranteeing service and technical support for 20 years. View the entire 20 Service Guarantee.